OrHIMA Annual Convention
May 31-June 2, 2018
Oregon Garden Resort
The Guest Room rate is $115 plus tax. Rooms will be held in the room block until April 30th, 2018. At that time, any unreserved room will be released back into the general inventory. After that, the group rate will be available to new reservations but there will not be a guarantee of room availability.
Please follow the steps below to access online reservations:
Make online reservations by going to www.oregongardenresort.com. Guests will be prompted for a Group ID & Password, which is: ORHIMA
Please follow the steps below to make online reservations:
1. Under “Your place to Dream” click on the “GROUP LOGIN” button
2. This will direct you to a new page that will ask for a Group ID & Password
3. Enter the Code above and click “Login”
4. You will be directed to a new page that will show the rooms available in the group block
5. Click “rates” to book a room listed under the dates listed on the left side
Change the dates, number of guest on the left and then click “search for availability”.
6. Either one of these will take you to a page to click “reserve” to start the reservation.
7. If you require a room extending dates not in the group block or a room not reserved in the room block, please contact us directly to assist you in making your reservation.
Guests may also call our reservation line to make room reservations. That number is: 503-874-2500 Ext. 0
If you should have any special room requests or complications please also feel free to contact our Reservation Manager at 503-874-2508.
The Silent Auction committee is hard at work gathering donations for the annual convention. Even with all the hard work, we still have a need. This is where you all come in.
We are looking for:
* Volunteers for Silent Auction Committee
If you feel the pull to volunteer, please contact me, Dott Campo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541 420 0187. The more people working on gathering donations, the better our auction will be.
If you want to donate an item to auction you can contact Dott at email/cell number above or you can click here.
Do you know an OrHIMA member who you would like to nominate for the OrHIMA Distinguished Member Award?
Nominees for the Distinguished Member Award must be an AHIMA/OrHIMA member in good standing and must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Fifteen years’ service as an active HIM practitioner
- At least ten years’ service to OrHIMA and/or AHIMA, i.e., officer, director, committee chairman, project manager or member, delegate to the AHIMA House of Delegates;
- A contribution to the HIM profession in any of the following: Publication, Education, Systems Design, Public Relations, Research, Advocacy, etc.
Nominations may be submitted to me electronically and must include the reasons substantiating why the person is being nominated. Consider fellow OrHIMA members you have worked or served with; that one person in the industry who took the time to mentor you and encourage your professional development; that educator who assisted you and fostered your desire for lifetime learning; that one person who was instrumental in assisting you in landing that first HIM position.
Please email OrHIMA President-Elect Lynn Edwards at email@example.com.
Past Distinguished Member Award Recipients
2015: Bonnie Altus, MS, RHIA, CHPS
2014: Dana Brown, RHIA, CHC
2009: Esther Wyatt, RHIA
2008: Pam Yokubaitis, MPH, RHIA, FAHIMA
2006: Beverlee Jackson, RHIT
2005: Kathy Phillips, RHIA
2003: Emily Wieczorek, MEd, RHIA
2001: Gloria Ahern, RHIA
2000: Diane Davis, RHIA
1999: Cheri Adams, RHIA
1998: Nona DeDual, RHIT
1997: Linda Duke, RHIA
1996: Yvonne Gergen, RHIA
1995: Piper Hooper, RHIT
1994: Patrice Spath, RHIT
Please review the information below from AHIMA and take action in support of ICD-10 implementation. It is critical that legislators understand our level of support for ICD-10 implementation on October 1st, 2015.
On Monday, September 8th Members of Congress returned to Washington, DC after being in their home states for 6 weeks.They are returning to DC to finish the legislative business still pending in the 113th Congress.
To welcome Congress back, AHIMA encourages you to call and write your legislators. AHIMA would like to remind Congress of HHS’ announcement of the October 1, 2015 compliance date for all HIPAA covered entities.
You are encouraged to express your support for the new compliance date- and ask Congress to commit to the new date.
Please take the following action in support of ICD-10 implementation:
- Call Congress using this link: http://capwiz.com/ahima/callalert/index.tt?alertid=63307796
- Write Congress using this link: http://capwiz.com/ahima/issues/alert/?alertid=63175786