Quality Improvement and Compliance Specialist
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
We’re seeking a Quality Improvement and Compliance Specialist to join our team!
As the Quality Improvement and Compliance Specialist, you’ll promote Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) compliance and quality improvement across assigned programs and assist in the planning and implementation of Kerr’s self-assessment and quality improvement and compliance programs.
- Promote OAR, Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS), and Federal and accreditation compliance across all assigned programs by working with Kerr management staff for assigned programs in ongoing compliance efforts.
- Participate in the Self-Assessment process as assigned, identifying OAR, ORS, Federal and/or accreditation citations and providing specific examples of citations found. .
- Provide routine Quality Improvement and Compliance audits for assigned programs, identifying specific OAR and Kerr policy compliance citations and providing specific direction regarding needed corrections in order to regain compliance of these issues.
- Identify QIC trends and issues within assigned programs.
- Attend regional supervisor meetings and QIC department meetings.
- Work with QIC department and Kerr management staff to develop improved QIC processes.
- Provide Lead responsibilities for Self-Assessments as assigned.
- Review all documentation as outlined in the Quality Improvement and Compliance process.
- High school Diploma or GED Equivalency.
- At least three years of education, training and experience in a Human Services field or related field.
- At least two years’ experience in a service setting for people with developmental disabilities, Mental Health needs or accredited programs.
- Knowledge of Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR’s), Individual Support Plans (ISP) process & Core Competencies.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- Verizon phone discount
- 401(k) with up to 4% employer match
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)