Student Concierge Program
OrHIMA Student Concierge Volunteer Application
The OrHIMA Student Concierge (SC) Program is designed to engage Health Information students with the Oregon health information management association through volunteerism. We believe student volunteers will grow professionally when involved in pre-conference preparation, organizing meeting materials, monitoring education sessions, assist the conference speakers, and communicating association activities with students in the HIM programs. This is a excellent opportunity for students to showcase themselves as a young professional, meet association leaders, work with current directors, build your resume and get involved in the Association.
To be eligible to serve as a OrHIMA Student Concierge you must be:
- A full time 1st year student in an Oregon CAHIIM accredited HIM Program at the time of this application
- A student member of AHIMA and OrHIMA
- Available to work all three days of the annual OrHIMA Conference in May
- Available to work the one day OrHIMA Fall Institute in Fall
- Provide your own transportation to and from the conference, if held in person
- Be willing to devote time to reviewing and completing preconference type tasks in a timely manner, work diligently in all duties at the conference, communicate efficiently and attend any required meetings
For your commitment, Student Concierges will receive:
- A certificate from the Board recognizing your dedication, commitment and service
- Gain invaluable knowledge of the conference process and volunteer experience
- Become acquainted and network with Leadership in the Association and possible future employers!
- Grow in professionalism, communication, knowledge of HIM and project management skills
- Receive specialized task assignments that not only support OrHIMA’s largest annual event, but also build up your resume
- Respect and recognition among OrHIMA professionals
- Meet interesting speakers and interact with exhibitors
- Access to education sessions you monitor during your conference assignments
- Complimentary shared hotel accommodations if in person (must be willing to share a room with 3 other Student Concierge’s of the same gender)
- All scheduled meals free as part of the conference
Note: Currently and as far as we can see in the near future all work is being done remotely via webex. Remote activities allow for all students to participate regardless of physical location.
For any questions you may have about this opportunity, please contact Madison Miller via email at firstname.lastname@example.org