HIM Coding Coordinator
St Charles Health System
DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY: The Health Information Management Departments provide many services to our multi-hospital organization including: prepping, scanning and indexing, physician deficiency analysis, release of information, medical record maintenance, facility and profee coding, and medical transcription.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The HIM Coding Coordinator at St. Charles Health System is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the health information management department. Maintain daily processes and workflow for the department. Liaison for all other St. Charles Health System facilities and departments both internal and external. This position does not directly manage other caregivers, however may be asked to review and provide feedback on the work of other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate staffing schedules and operations for Facility and/or Professional Fee coders in conjunction with organizational policies and procedures.
- Instructs staff in department processes, workflow and maintain work performance levels.
- Provides training and is the subject matter expert.
- Develops and maintains workflow processes and reference documentation.
- Works in conjunction with other departments to enhance efficiencies and customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers
- Fields questions regarding workflow processes and assists with customer inquiries.
- Assists with shift coverage as needed including on-call coverage as necessary.
- Completes time card corrections and approvals.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times and exudes the St. Charles core values of Accountability, Caring and Teamwork.
- Travel to other locations may be required.
- Build communications with leadership team, other departments and physicians. Complies with current medical records regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures in accordance with all payor and regulatory agencies (e.g. HIPAA). Assist all customers to implement and maintain compliance in these areas.
- Travel to other locations may be required.
- Build communications with leadership team, other departments and physicians. Complies with current medical records regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures in accordance with all payor and regulatory agencies (e.g. HIPAA).
- Assist all customers to implement and maintain compliance in these areas.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
Required: Must possess a valid Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification or one or more of the following: RHIA, CCA, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H. This position will require the caregiver to maintain required educational credits (CE) through AHIMA or AAPC. Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license and ability to meet St. Charles Health System driving requirements. Ability to travel to all St. Charles Health System worksites
Required: Three years coding experience in an acute care hospital or specialty clinic setting with thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, DRG’s, and APC grouping, abstracting and grouping software
Required: High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of an AHIMA Accredited Health Information Technology program or certification in a self-study course from AHIMA or AAPC.
Pay is based on experience and internal HR Assessment. Comprehensive benefits package
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply directly to the job opportunity by clicking on the following link, and submitting a resume and application: https://stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Remote-Central-Oregon/HIM-Coding-Coordinator-_R1010511.