One Community Health
Responsible for Health Information Management team functions including management of day-to-day operations, ensuring compliance with the legal requirements in maintaining electronic health records, and driving the development and maintenance of department/facility policies and procedures. Audit current procedures to monitor, improve efficiency and quality improvement of operations. Will be the HIPAA Privacy Officer for OCH, securing patient records and managing the release of Information process. Will be a key staff member to the Revenue Cycle team and a resource for other health center services and team members to collaborate and coordinate functions. Will be a mentor and coach to assist and train team members with issues and concerns related to health information and workflow.
JOB SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE AND EXPECTATIONS
- Embrace the philosophy, mission, and values of OCH.
- Manage day-to-day supervision and leadership to health information management team members to assist with their development as a high functioning team to provide high quality and timely patient-centered service.
- Demonstrate skills that foster a professional commitment of the team members to function to their level of training and certification.
- Actively engage with PCPCH Teams and others to ensure optimal work flow coordinating and performing processes as necessary to support high quality and timely patient care using the Electronic Health Record.
- As HIPAA Privacy Officer, respond to and mitigate health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information privacy and security, information storage and retrieval, record retention, authorship and authentication of health record documentation, and use of classification systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in health informatics, which requires knowledge of clinical medicine, the computer-based patient record, coding and classification systems, and quality.
- Able to use advanced technology to include EHR, database management, and general word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to EHR and patient confidentiality including HIPAA
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing, including group presentations, team development and team-building through positive support and solutions
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills including knowledge in staff management, recruitment and selection, employee relations, training, and workplace safety
- Able to learn rapidly, absorb and follow a wide range of business rules and workflows.
- Able to prioritize and organize work according to multiple and, at times, competing timelines
- Able to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple activities/tasks and staff with the abililty to delegate tasks and enlist the cooperation and/or assistance of team members
- Able to make decisions independently in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Able to use initiative and good judgment in completing tasks and responsibilities, establishing new procedures and resolving technical challenges
- Able to work effectively in an operation that expects and promotes teamwork and have demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity.
- Able and willing to work in a dynamic and changing community health care environment
- Identify learning needs and goals and design a plan to meet them
- Able to inspire trust and confidence, and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s in Health Information Management or equivalent
- Certification as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Minimum two years progressively advancing knowledge and experience as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Able to travel and provide support as needed to all OCH health centers having a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in supervision
- Expert-level proficiency with EPIC or other health information system.
- Registered Health Information (RHIA certification)
- Previous work experience in a Community Health center
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Understand Internal locus of control
- Expectation to excel and be part of a high functioning team
- Understand and work within a systems perspective
Bachelor’s in Health Information Management or equivalent