Health is our business
Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. Join us in Clackamas, Oregon.
In this role, you will provide the vision, leadership, development, and operational and fiscal management for the regional coding services including professional and hospital coding. You will develop, define, and execute project plans. In addition, you will be accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics, integrity, and performance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Health Care Administration, business, a related field, or four years of experience in a directly related field with a high school diploma or GED
- At least three years of experience in middle management or at a director level position within Kaiser Permanente, a large hospital system, or large Managed Care Organization
- At least six years of experience in coding management including compliance, operations, and systems
- Professional affiliation with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists (PAHCS), or AAPC
- A current coding certification such as a CPC or CCS
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of contemporary coding practices in a large health care setting
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of sound business practices and management principles and techniques (e.g., financial management, strategic planning, personnel management, and assessment management)
- Knowledge and experience with state, federal, and regulatory agency standards, laws, rules, and regulations with application to health information
- The ability to make presentations to various professional and public groups in formal, informal, and impromptu situations
- The ability to respond calmly and professionally in stressful situations
- The demonstrated ability to strategically plan and prioritize HIM with limited resources
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- A master’s degree in Health Care Administration, business, a related field, or six years of experience in a directly related field preferred
- At least five years of experience at a director level position within Kaiser Permanente, a large hospital system, or a large Managed Care Organization
- At least ten years of experience in coding management including compliance, operations, and systems
- Current working knowledge of KP HealthConnect
- Comprehensive knowledge of a managed health care setting as well as medical and legal coding compliance
- Technical knowledge of professional and hospital (technical) coding disciplines
- A current Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 664477.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers