Health Information Supervisor
Central City Concern
Central City Concern (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency serving single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. Founded in 1979, the agency has developed a comprehensive continuum of affordable housing options integrated with direct social services including healthcare, mental health counseling, recovery and employment. Central City Concern meets its mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
Title: Health Information Supervisor
Department: Old Town Clinic
Reports To: Operations Manager
Salary: $19.00-$20.90 Hourly
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Summary: The Health Information Supervisor responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing workflow; appraising employee performance, coaching and taking corrective actions if necessary; addressing complaints and resolving problems; ensuring adherence to applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures related to the release of medical records. This role is an active member of the records department.
- High School diploma or GED required. Degree in Health Information preferred.
- Minimum two year experience working in a health information department in a clinical setting.
- Minimum one year experience managing a health information department. Two years or more as a manager preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of electronic medical records; scanning, indexing and releases and filing procedures.
- Experience working in Centricity preferred.
- Bi-Lingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a very fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
- Physical ability to walk, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull, lift up to 25 lbs., climb stairs several times a day and stand for long periods of time.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to provide demonstration of sobriety of a minimum of two years.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
- Must adhere to agency non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientation and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees (in regular positions over 20 hours per week) valuing at approximately 30% of total compensation. Benefits include Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage and generous paid time off beginning at 4 weeks per year at time of hire.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Check out the full job description and apply at: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.