Epic Application Analyst 1 – HIM
St. Charles Health System
Epic Applications Analyst I – This role is specific to our HIM (Health Information Management) Department. This Role Will Require Specific Knowledge Of Coding And Scanning.
The Epic Applications Analyst I at St. Charles Health System is responsible for planning and executing all facets of the life cycle for the Epic applications supporting our hospitals and ambulatory clinics, maximizing the business value to our users of those applications. They coordinate all decisions and issues arising for an application area and conduct the design, build, testing and deployment of the Epic Electronic Health Record and supporting IT systems. Analyst will know the EHR system’s capabilities and functional use and apply their knowledge of Patient Care and Business workflows to successfully maintain a standardized system that meets lean process needs and best practices. This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
- Provide support to the installation and implementation of system patches, service utilities and version upgrades as assigned; participate as a team member on process improvement efforts; usher through simple to medium system environment changes.
- Collaborate with system users towards continuous improvement of the business value delivered by our software applications.
- Build and maintain system control and application configuration data within software applications to maximize the business benefits delivered.
- Participate in integrated area workgroups across application and operational teams.
- Understands the choices involved in application configuration and manage choices which support the guiding principles and strategies of the organization.
- Performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with the Epic EHR.
- Investigates standardization and process improvement opportunities while making build decisions.
- Collects information regarding potential system enhancement needs and prepares details of specifications needed; prioritizes and implements requested changes to the system.
- Ensures validity and integrity that interfaced data meets business requirements.
- Design and execute small-scale application testing as required. Support large- scale testing efforts, as assigned.
- Troubleshoot, identify root cause, and document problems of simple to medium complexity for assigned applications and systems.
- Escalate application issues with SCHS management and if necessary, the software vendor, while maintaining issue status reports.
- Analyze and manage systems of simple-to-medium complexity to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Collaborate with caregivers across the enterprise to build strong relationships.
- Maintain data integrity and security for assigned applications and systems.
- Assist in the preparation for and conduct of user training when required.
- Collaborate with system users and report writers to provide business reporting.
- Complete project tasks of simple-to-medium complexity as assigned.
- Develop system documentation as assigned per standards.
- Participate in after hours on-call.
- Participates in on-call rotation, as required.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
Must pass an assessment exam prior to qualifying for an interview, unless already Epic certified.
Valid Oregon driver’s license and ability to meet SCHS driving requirements. Ability to travel to business functions/trainings/meetings and all SCHS worksites required.
Must complete Epic certification training if not already Epic certified in the most recent version of the Epic EHR product. This will require overnight travel.
Must pass Epic certification exam required within 3 months of completing Epic certification training courses.
Minimum of two years of paid experience preferred or a combination of education and experience in systems and procedures analysis, project management, systems support or operational experience in business or clinical area is preferred. Additional Epic training preferred; however not required.
Additional Position Information:
Will participate in on-call duties as needed.
Applications: Prefer experience with Hospital based and Ambulatory / Clinic based applications such as:
Epic, Cerner, McKesson, Allscripts, Mosaiq, Nuance (eScription and Dragon), 3M Coding, Relay Health, Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft Integration Services, Microsoft Office Suite
Build Relationships and Provide Exceptional Customer Service: Develop and maintain a high level of trust and respect with our customer base, internal and external. Core elements: keeping promises; following through on our commitments; demonstrating that customers’ needs are important through our actions; and going out of our way to help them.
Time Management / Organization: Prioritize and organize tasks from multiple sources according to priorities identified by team lead and/or manager. Work with team leads and management regarding apparent priority and schedule conflicts. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Communication: Effectively communicate with customers, peers and vendors verbally and in writing. Ability to interact with a diverse population and professionally represent SCHS.
Decision-Making: Assist individuals and cross-functional teams in their decision-making processes. Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
Design: Knowledge of and continuous learning design features and limitations of those applications for which the incumbent is responsible.
Bachelor’s degree required – Or, equivalent work experience and similar successful professional experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. High school diploma or GED required.
Healthcare; Dental; Vision; 403b Retirement Plan
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online on the St. Charles Health System job site.