Certified Coder/ Charge Capture 1
Metropolitan Pediatrics boasts nearly 40 providers with locations in Beaverton, Bridgeport Gresham, Happy Valley – Johnson Creek, and NW Portland.
We are still growing and committed to providing outstanding pediatric care in the greater Portland metro area.
We continue to honor our heritage every day by providing care that is professional, compassionate, and up-to-date with excellence as our foremost goal.
- The Certified Coder/Charge Capture 1 position reviews all clinical and provider documentation and accurately code all diagnoses and procedures for all medical and behavioral services provided to patients in our clinics.
- Provide information and coding feedback to all applicable parties.
- Process all charges in a timely manner.
- Review encounter documentation in support of all diagnoses, procedures, and professional services that were pre-selected by the clinic.
- Verify the accuracy of all charges and add missing charges as appropriate.
- Identify documentation and coding errors and work with providers and clinical staff to obtain proper coding and documentation.
- Process and apply all claim and payer edits.
- Maintain a working knowledge of modifiers and their functions; apply as appropriate.
- Process all charges within four days of provider release.
- Maintain current working knowledge of medical and behavioral coding and diagnostic principles (e.g., CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM), government regulations, protocols, and third-party requirements pertaining to billing and documentation.
- Ability to understand billing guidelines and apply internal policies and procedures accordingly.
- Notify supervisor or manager of potential problems and/or suggestions for more accurate documentation or capturing of services rendered.
- Review, modify, and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve professional fee coding and data management.
- Answer coding and billing questions in a timely manner.
- Work with other members of the Revenue Cycle team to configure accounts, resolve denials, conduct coding reviews, and correct claims.
- Maintain excellent customer service, safeguarding confidentiality of sensitive patient and financial information at all times.
- Display high standards of office conduct.
- Actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Punctual, regular, timely, and dependable attendance.
- Flexible with capacity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comprehensive and continuous knowledge of medical coding and billing principles.
- Working knowledge of commercial, TPL, and government payer guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, customer service, and telephone etiquette.
- Organizational and time-management skills are essential.
- Fluent in English.
- General math skills.
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required for an extended period of time.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical abbreviations.
- Current coding certificate is required: CPC, CCS-P, RHIA, (CPC or CCS-P preferred).
- 3+ years of experience with CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding, preferably pediatrics.
- 2+ years of experience with professional medical billing.
- 2+ years of experience with an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, Epic preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Current auditing and/or documentation certificate is preferred: CPMA or CDE.
- Experience conducting and delivering provider audits (preferred).
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary medical coding education required; certification required .
- Medical, dental and prescription insurance is 100% employer paid for the employee.
- 401K plan participation is available beginning first day of employment.
- Short-term disability insurance paid for by Metropolitan Pediatrics.
- A base life group life insurance policy paid for by Metropolitan Pediatrics, with options to elect additional coverage.
- Voluntary Vision Insurance.
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Time off
- Oregon Paid Sick Leave
- Six paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program
Instructions for Resume Submission: