CDI Auditor I – Clinical Documentation Improvement
Bay Area Hospital
At Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Oregon, our mission is to improve the health of our community every day.
Our doctors, nurses, skilled technicians and support staff that make up the hospital all remain committed to this very important mission.
Come join our team as a full time Clinical Documentation Improvement Auditor, on the beautiful Oregon Coast!
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive wages along with great work-life balance.
Bay Area Hospital is a 129-bed, acute-care, JC accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast.
Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities.
With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
- Facilitates appropriate clinical documentation for initial and extended stay concurrent reviews on all selected admissions to support appropriate diagnosis coding and to ensure the level of service rendered to all patients is recorded.
- Collaborates with the HIM coding staff to promote complete and accurate clinical documentation and correct negative trends.
- Queries medical staff to clarify documentation in the medical record.
- Participates in ongoing education of staff.
- Develops educational material and tools relative to document improvement practices for individual practitioners and groups of clinicians.
- Evaluates quality of clinical documentation practices.
- Collaborates with management on remediation plan when indicated.
- Reviews process and productivity reports and coordinates with manager to adjust prioritization and approach to reviews as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years recent, broad based clinical experience in an inpatient setting.
- Previous experience with computer electronic record.
Preferred Qualifications:Education Qualifications:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon or RHIA.
- BSW or BSN preferred credentialed CDIP, CCDS and/or CCS a plus.
Instructions for Resume Submission:Apply Online:
For more information and a full job description, please visit our website or contact the Human Resources Business Partner (phone: 541-269-8121)