Baptist Health South Florida
Full-Time, 8:00am – 4:30pm EST
Baptist Health South Florida is the region’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 15,500 employees working across six hospital campuses and more than 50 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world‐class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
Ongoing changes in the industry – such as the transition to ICD-10 – continue to create new growth opportunities at Baptist Health South Florida; that’s why we’re looking for Inpatient Coding Specialists to join our team. In this position, you will accurately code Inpatient records for the classification of all diseases, injuries, procedures, and operations using the ICD10CM/PCS coding system for all BHSF facilities; ensure compliance of coding rules and regulations according to State and Federal Regulatory Agencies; abstract prescribed data elements from the medical records; and work as part of a team to meet departmental and account receivable goals.
You can live and work in Oregon, as long as you can meet these requirements:
- High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED or equivalent training or experience required.
- Required graduate from AHIMA accredited Coding program. Prefer Certified Coding Specialist, CCS.
- Requires CCS certification within 2 years of employment, if not certified.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of encoder system, Inpatient Prospective Payment System and National and Local Coverage Determinations.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management staff, and physicians.
- Work Monday – Friday during normal business hours (8am – 4:30pm Eastern time).
- Travel to Miami for 7-10 days of orientation and initial training (arranged by us).
- Minimum high-speed Internet connection speeds of 24Mbps/10 Mbps (download/upload).
Prefer Certified Coding Specialist, CCS.
High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED or equivalent training or experience required.
Required graduate from AHIMA accredited Coding program.
We also provide a stipend to cover your office, Internet and phone expenses.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Baptist Health South Florida is once again one of the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! This is the 17th time Baptist Health has been named to the prestigious list and is the only healthcare provider in the state to be ranked. Find out why this is the best place to be your best.
Find out why Baptist Health South Florida is the best place to be your best.
Apply online to Job Number 55632 (http://careers.baptisthealth.net/job/7343214/coding-specialist-inpatient-health-information-management-ft-8-00a-4-30p-miami-fl/)
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.