Health is our business
Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. Join us in Clackamas, Oregon.
Supervisor – Release of Information
In this role, you will supervise the Release of Information Department staff to ensure cost effective, appropriate, high-quality, contemporary, and accessible services which meet legal, regulatory, and compliance standards.
- At least three years of experience in a supervisor, leadership, or training role
- At least two years of experience working in release of health care information
- An associate’s degree in HIM (Health Information Management) or a related discipline
- Thorough knowledge with demonstrated experience in release of information, applicable state and federal laws, regulatory requirements, and recommended practices
- Thorough knowledge of supervision and communication principles
- Working knowledge of EHRs, preferably EPIC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse population of people from varying backgrounds
- The ability to make presentations to various professional and public groups in formal, informal, and impromptu situations
- The demonstrated ability to apply and work with office automation communications
- The ability to motivate and organize work groups and serve as a role model
- The ability to respond calmly and professionally in stressful situations
- The demonstrated ability to prioritize Release of Information with limited resources and time allotment
- The ability to explain and educate customers and staff regarding complicated Release of Information laws
Preferred qualifications include:
- At least three years of experience supervising in an integrated care delivery system
- At least five years of experience working in release of health care information
- RHIT, RHIA, or CHPS certification
- Knowledge of health care compliance, confidentiality, ethical, legal, and privacy/security issues
- Thorough knowledge with demonstrated experience in Release of Information requirements and recommended practices within an integrated care delivery system with both ambulatory and inpatient medical records
- Thorough knowledge of Windows-based software applications
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
- Thorough knowledge of OR/WA and Federal laws regarding the release of information including drug and alcohol, HIV, genetics, and mental health
- A bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or related discipline
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 583442.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
Apply Online: http://jobs.kp.org